- Position: Marketing & Business Development Manager - Chicago
- Firm: Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Location: Chicago
- Date posted: November 9, 2017
- Contact: Jennifer Scalzi - Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP
The Marketing & Business Development Manager works under the direction of the firm’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to support and execute marketing and business development programs and initiatives in the Chicago office. The Marketing & Business Development Manager oversees communication, media and public relations involving the strategic vision of the firm’s public image and its clients, culture and reputation. This position works with attorneys to develop, align and execute strategies and tactics that support existing client relationships and bring new clients and business to the firm.
- Works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Director of Business Development to identify and leverage media opportunities, plan internal messaging to inform and promote cross-selling across the firm.
- Proactively helps identify key strategic PR opportunities reflecting the firm’s core practice areas and industry strengths with direction from the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Identifies topics for proprietary work to promote firm’s reputation as thought leader and to achieve meaningful media attention. Also works directly with the PR agency and assists in the creation of story ideas.
- Assists in strategy for social media marketing and social networking to support branding and growth efforts. Provides one-on-one social media training to attorneys and contributes to firm wide social media content and posting of content.
- Assists Director of Marketing & Communications with internal and external communications initiatives and online content, including firm website, press releases, newsletters, annual report, recruiting information and client advisories.
- Oversees the coordination of multimedia packages, letters, invitations and brochures for requested assignments.
- Assists Chicago attorneys with InterAction efforts, including mailing lists and keeping client information up to date.
- Supports assigned practice groups as directed by the CMO, by attending meetings and conference calls and providing follow up marketing action.
- Responsible for placement of internet, print or broadcast advertising efforts in the Chicago market.
- Maintains awareness of marketing communication activities in Cleveland, Indianapolis, Delaware and Columbus offices and is directly responsible for the Chicago office.
- Creates and maintains business relationships with key service providers.
- Develops formal office marketing communication plans annually with budget to be established and approved by the CMO.
- Supervises the execution of local firm events, conferences, etc. and makes sure post-event analysis and follow-up including ROI is provided.
- Oversees Chicago business development tickets for client entertainment through Invite Manager.
- Prepares responses to RFP’s and RFI’s and coordinates pitches as directed by the Director of Business Development. This includes strategic approaches, market research, copywriting, editing materials and recommending changes, and working with attorneys and other staff members to execute in a professional and timely manner.
- Oversees pipeline of targets across all practice groups in the Chicago office.
- Supervises and facilitates the identification of market opportunities including new products and services. Also identifies trends, tools and training sessions that could be beneficial to firm’s marketing efforts.
- Supports the firm’s competitive and market intelligence functions, and conducts research as needed.
- Utilizes Business Intelligence database to pull firm, attorney and practice group financial reports, as well as lists of clients in particular industries, for use in strategic planning, pitch preparation, attorney coaching / business development planning and client / prospect conversations.
- Monitors competitor activity and strategy; reports and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Assists with office marketing and collaboration amongst attorneys and practices, including helping lateral hires familiarize other attorneys at the firm with their capabilities.
- Works with the Director of Talent Acquisition & Development to implement internal business development training sessions for attorneys in the Chicago office.
- Participates in the development of new collateral and proposal materials, as well as in experience collection and management.
- Acts as contact person for questions on department communications materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a business or marketing focus, and a minimum of six years of experience in marketing and business development required.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Must possess superior presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Must possess an excellent customer service attitude.
- Position: Technology Coordinator
- Firm: Michael Best & Friedrich
- Location: Milwaukee, Chicago
- Date posted: October 11, 2017
- Contact: Michael Best & Friedrich - Careers
Job opportunity still active as of November 9, 2017
Michael Best & Friedrich has an opportunity at the Milwaukee or Chicago office for a Technology Coordinator. The Technology Coordinator works closely with the Marketing & Business Development Team and the Firm's Technology Services group to maintain and manage the Firm's Contact Relationship Management System (CRM), website, email distribution software, and other marketing/technology-related duties.
- Manage the Contract Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Work with team members on the migration to a new CRM system (InterAction moving to Microsoft Dynamics BDP).
- Maintain and develop best practices/data entry standards.
- Research and enter information to supplement current data in CRM system.
- Create requested CRM reports.
- Handle all incoming calls and questions regarding the CRM database.
- Update CRM records as necessary.
- Enter new clients and marketing data from EMI database to CRM database.
- Maintain firm's existing mailing lists.
- Maintain and enhance firm website.
- Provide reporting on SEO and click/view statistics.
- Handle all back-end changes to the website.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improvements to the website.
- Handle posting of all new marketing promotions to the website, including invitations, client alerts, announcements, etc.
- Handle Vuture (e-mail distribution software) program, including coordination of distribution of mass electronic mailings and reporting statistics.
- Assist with webinar technology as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least three years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Database, Excel, and Work Processing experience.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional client service manner, responsiveness, flexibility, and adaptability and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in CRM systems and Vuture, preferred.
- Position: Proposals Coordinator
- Firm: Jones Day
- Location: Chicago
- Date posted: September 5, 2017
- Contact: Jones Day - Careers
Job opportunity still active as of November 9, 2017
Working as part of the global Business Acquisition Unit (part of the global Business Development & Communications department), the Proposals Coordinator supports all aspects of responding to RFPs and creating proposals and pitches, including developing drafts, finalizing the end product, overseeing submission to the client or prospective client, and follow-up to determine the result. Occasional additional hours and/or weekend work may be required.
- Strong organizational, time, and project management skills, and ability to handle many tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral communication and business writing/editing skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Strong commitment to teamwork, able to establish effective working relationships across regional, practice, and Firm lines.
- Four-year college degree, with a minimum of three years’ experience in a business and/or professional services environment. Experience in the legal environment preferred.