- Position: Marketing Communications Assistant
- Firm: Builden Partners
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Date posted: June 30, 2021
- Contact: Builden Partners – Careers
Builden Partners seeks a Marketing Communications Assistant to advance the tactical efforts of the communications and marketing strategy we deliver for our growing list of law firm clients.
Builden is changing the way law firms think about marketing. Based in Chicago, our unique marketing infrastructure model resonates with attorneys and has put us on a tremendous growth trajectory for the coming years. Our clients range from premier legal boutiques to global powerhouses.
The Marketing Communications Assistant will play a number of critical roles at Builden including:
- Drafting multiple types of content including:
- Website and social media copy
- Marketing materials, including client alerts and newsletters
- Press releases and media pitches
- Internal communications
- Award submissions, including award and list tracking management
- Delivering digital marketing projects including:
- Back-end website execution
- Social media coordination and metrics analysis
- Video recaps of meetings
- Executing event logistics including:
- List management
- RSVP tracking and guest relations
- Day-of webinar technical and logistical support
The right candidate:
- Has 1-2 years of experience in a PR agency or professional services setting, or has completed a writing-intensive internship
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field
- Has exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Has a demonstrated ability to pull information from multiple sources and synthesize content into well-constructed deliverables
- Is technologically savvy including back-end website proficiency and social media skills
- Is highly focused and enjoys working within our process-driven model
- Is extremely detail-oriented and willing to proof deliverables multiple times to ensure the highest-quality content
- Can work independently, prioritize multiple projects and manage time effectively
- Will thrive in our fast-paced culture
- Wants to learn and develop as a communications and marketing professional
- Believes in our mission to give back through our work with the Legal & Professional Services Council
Builden core values:
- We value growth and professional development for ourselves, our clients and the professional services marketing community.
- We are intensely detail oriented and use processes to ensure best practices are implemented consistently.
- We value the insights all of us bring, while having fun and supporting each other professionally and personally.
What you can expect of Builden:
- The chance to become involved in a fast-growing business
- The opportunity to work with a smart, committed, energetic team
- Competitive salary
- Benefits, including health care and 401K packages
- Tremendous growth opportunities for exceptional performers
- Position: Business Development & Marketing Coordinator
- Firm: Barack Ferrazzano
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Date posted: June 30, 2021
- Contact: Barack Ferrazzano – Careers
The Business Development & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of the Firm's business development and marketing goals and initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive calendar of events, sponsorships, ads, surveys, directories, and award submission due dates
- Assist with continuing legal education (CLE) credit processing, tracking, and follow up
- Assist the team and attorneys with all elements of event planning for both in-person and virtual events
Website & Social Media
- Create, proofread, and edit marketing and business development materials, including practice area descriptions, invitations, attorney experience, and biographies
- Update practice descriptions, attorney bios, news, and publication items on the website
- Handle basic photo editing for the website
- Create and edit responses to requests for proposals (RFPs), pitch materials, and other business development presentations
- Assist with pitches and proposals, including drafting, accurately managing the editing process, and producing proofed deliverables
- Create team sheets for pitch opportunities and in-person pitch meetings
- Assist with managing and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) system called ContactEase
- Maintain and update mailing lists
- Assist with drafting, editing, and issuing external client alerts and press release
- Draft responses to various surveys, ranking organization submissions and directories, including working with the attorneys on gathering the necessary information
- At least 2 years of experience at a law firm, professional services, and/or agency handling similar duties and responsibilities preferred
- BA in Marketing, Legal Studies, Communications, Journalism, or a related field is preferred
- Position: Director of Professional & Continuing Legal Education
- Firm: Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- Location: Evanston, IL
- Date posted: June 29, 2021
- Contact: Northwestern School of Law – Careers
The Law School’s External Partnership team is seeking a motivated and collaborative individual to lead its continuing legal education programs and take them to the next level. If you thrive in an entrepreneur environment within a mission driven organization, have strong project management skills with a marketing lens and enjoy working with smart, committed volunteers, this is the position for you. The Director is responsible for planning, executing, and generating revenue for the Law School’s non-degreed Professional and Continuing Legal Education programs. Responsibilities include the successful execution and enhancement of current educational programs as well as creating a plan for continued growth of the portfolio to expand the reputation and revenue for the Law School. The Director is also charged with leading a team to broaden the Law School’s impact through establishing and maintaining important external relationships.
- Steward and enhance programming of existing Institutes to continue to attract national legal audience and prominent speakers
- Build program content and design, through current or learned understanding of the legal market, including legal trends and industry leaders. Provide guidance, direction and creation of programming appropriate to sophisticated legal audiences
- Direct marketing and communication plan for open enrollment programs to generate attendance and meet revenue targets
- Manage, motivate and develop two full-time and one part-time team members to drive results
- Manage profit/loss responsibilities for all Institutes and programs annually with revenue in excess of $1 mm, meeting targeted revenue, headcount and profitability margins
- Work with Assistant Dean, External Partnerships to manage special projects as directed that support team and the overall Law School strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s or JD preferred but not required
- At least 8 years of solid experience in executive education, business development, external relations, marketing, or related field
- Position: Communications Specialist – Transformation
- Firm: McKinsey & Company
- Location: Chicago, IL or New York, NY
- Date posted: June 7, 2021
- Contact: McKinsey & Company – Careers
The Communications Specialist works with the practice’s leadership, management team and colleagues around the world to develop and execute communications programs that enhance McKinsey’s external reach, relevance and reputation on transformation topics as well as drive compelling internal communication programs that build connectivity among colleagues and awareness of our capabilities.
McKinsey’s Transformation practice helps organizations change their trajectory and achieve their full potential through holistic interventions in performance, capabilities and organizational health.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a best-in-class global communications programs.
- Develop, support and execute communications plans that build awareness of McKinsey’s transformation capabilities, knowledge and assets increasing understanding of how we help organizations around the world.
- Help build the publishing and content generation program, including managing the publishing pipeline, supporting teams that seek to publish insights about transformation best practices and producing content for the firm’s communications channels.
- Create materials that can be shared with C-level executives and support the planning and execution of virtual and in-person events.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the transformations practice’s presence on McKinsey.com and other external channels.
- Help refine the internal communications strategy and manage the content, delivery and measurement of that plan across channels, including developing leadership communications and managing our digital ecosystem as well as producing creative campaigns to build awareness of priority topics, working side-by-side with internal teams developing new transformation approaches, assets and expertise.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a field related to business or communications with excellent academic qualifications
- 4-6 years of experience in a business communications-related field
- Position: Directories & Awards Manager
- Firm: King & Spalding
- Location: New York, NY or Chicago, IL
- Date posted: May 10, 2021
- Contact: King & Spalding – Careers
This job opportunity is still active as of June 1, 2021.
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Communications Manager - Directories & Awards to join its Marketing Department in New York City or Chicago. As a member of the Marketing Department’s Communications team, the Directories & Awards Manager has firm-wide responsibility for managing processes for responding to ranking and award opportunities and optimizing the results. The position requires a blend of project management and communications skills.
- Managing well-developed processes and instituting new processes for the intake, evaluation and pursuit of ranking and award opportunities that help elevate the firm’s brand and further its business development objectives.
- Closely collaborating with members of the communications and business development teams to assign submissions, manage workflow, provide guidance on approach and requirements, and meet deadlines.
- Working closely with Directories & Awards Coordinator to source and research award and ranking opportunities, track and record results, and provide reports and analysis to marketing colleagues and firm partners and leaders for use in internal communications, benchmarking, and marketing materials.
- Developing productive relationships with practice group and specialty team lawyers and business development colleagues to understand their work and strategic objectives and identifying ranking and recognition opportunities to help support them.
- Counseling practice group and specialty team leaders and business development colleagues on optimizing rankings and recognitions, and having frank conversations with them to set realistic expectations for potential for wins and understand disappointing outcomes.
- Project managing the compilation of key high-level award and survey responses and serving as a lead writer, as needed.
- With the assistance of Directories & Awards Coordinator, maintaining the firm’s LexTrack submission management database and working to optimize its usage.
- Providing information to business development team and firm partners on rankings research processes and best practices for submissions and nominations in an ongoing effort to improve and scale education, training and support on ranking submissions.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects while overseeing overall workflow for a busy ranking and award submission schedule.
- Resilience and adaptability to deal with fluid situations, changing priorities and requirements, and tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A strong team orientation and a collaborative nature, including a can-do attitude and willingness to jump in when needed to ensure ranking and award projects get completed.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with firm partners, administrative team leaders, and colleagues professionally and effectively.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in legal or professional services marketing or related role.
- Experience with legal rankings and awards is strongly desired.
- Position: Legal Recruiting Specialist
- Firm: Litchfield Cavo LLP
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Date posted: April 16, 2021
- Contact: Litchfield Cavo – Careers
This job opportunity is still active as of June 1, 2021.
The right candidate will be part of the firm’s human resources team, based in downtown Chicago and will provide strategic, administrative and project management support, and also assist in implementing the Firm’s hiring and retention goals, while developing essential career skills.
- Screen candidates to evaluate availability, skills, work history, education, compensation and other qualifications
- Implement and coordinate a full-cycle recruiting process, ensuring a seamless, uniform and positive candidate experience
- Publish open positions on appropriate career sites, building robust candidate pipelines for attorneys and staff positions
- Update and maintain recruiting database and candidate files on a continuous basis in ADP
- Compile weekly status reports, maintaining diverse candidate tracking and interview statistics
- A successful candidate will have demonstrated ability and thorough knowledge of legal recruiting procedures. Proven ability to work effectively and independently under time constraints; must be able to organize and implement detailed projects; requires strong computer skills.
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business or Management, or related business field
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a law firm or other professional services firm
- Prior experience with ADP applicant tracking
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and within budget