- Position: Public Relations Assistant
- Firm: Sidley Austin LLP
- Location: Chicago
- Date posted: October 14, 2019
- Contact: Sidley Austin – Careers
The Public Relations Assistant will be an integral member of Sidley’s dynamic PR team. S/he will play an active role in a variety of activities including media monitoring and tracking, PR activity reporting, research, media pitching, securing approvals for media engagement and administrative tasks to support the firm’s PR efforts. S/he must be proactive, a self-starter, an exceptional verbal communicator in addition to a being a team player with strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully juggle competing priorities simultaneously.
- Monitors for media coverage, tracks all PR activity and develops reports that measure the PR program’s effectiveness.
- Assists with writing and editing a variety of materials, including reports, press releases and pitches.
- Conducts media outreach and handles research projects as assigned.
- Reviews editorial calendars and proactively identifies opportunities for Sidley and its lawyers to earn exposure in target media outlets.
- Handles administrative projects including scheduling, meeting coordination, electronic filing and invoice processing.
- Other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources. Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum one year experience in a public relations role
- Proficiency with the full Microsoft suite of products
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience working with a media monitoring tool such as Cision
- PR agency experience
- Position: Marketing Manager
- Firm: Segal McCambridge
- Location: Chicago
- Date posted: May 2, 2019
- Contact: Segal McCambridge – Careers
This job posting is still active as of October 17, 2019
The Marketing Manager oversees the marketing, public relations and business development activities of the firm and its individual attorneys. This position is part of the administrative team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Work with the Managing Shareholder and Executive Director to develop and execute the marketing, business development and communications plans for the firm and its practice groups
- Develop marketing programs for multiple channels including the firm website, social media, client and prospect communications, sponsorships and advertisements, collateral materials and media relations
- Assist in the creation and preparation of proposals and RFP responses for potential clients
- Review individual shareholder marketing plans and assist in the development of individual shareholder marketing strategies and goals
- Work with the practice groups and practice group chairs to drive consistent, client-focused marketing and communication strategies
- Assist with the writing, editing and distribution of internal and external communications, including newsletters, client alerts, articles and announcements
- Manage the firm’s social media platforms including blogs and Linkedln and coach attorneys and practice groups on best practices for social media usage
- Plan and manage marketing, networking and business development events such as seminars, CLEs, presentations for clients and potential clients to ensure these are carried out in a timely, cost-effective and professional manner
- Prepare and distribute press releases, website news items, firm news and other public-facing communications
- Create and deploy effective internal communication tools, including assisting in developing and promoting effective utilization of the firm’s intranet
- Assist in coordinating firm events and special projects as needed
- Identify and develop relationships with legal and general media within firm's regional locations and practice areas
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- A minimum of 7-10 years of marketing management experience