- Position: Administrative & Marketing Assistant/ Billing Specialist
- Firm: Fischel | Kahn
- Location: Chicago
- Date posted: July 1, 2020
- Contact: Fischel | Kahn – Careers
This multi-faceted role serves as the public face of a boutique Chicago law firm and offers the ability to grow skillsets in a number of key areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitating key interactions between attorneys and clients by drafting correspondence, fielding client inquiries, scheduling client meetings and staffing the reception desk.
- Overseeing key aspects of the firm’s billing processes, including managing attorney time entry, client invoicing and pre-bills, processing payments, creating reports and managing account inquiries and disputes.
- Leading the firm’s marketing efforts including developing web and social media copy, making website updates via Wordpress, creating business development materials and working with an outside marketing agency.
- Scheduling and aiding with client meetings including on-site coordinating of mediations.
- Communicating with building management, IT vendors and other service providers to troubleshoot issues and ensure operations are running smoothly.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to be proactive in appropriate situations
- Ability to take and apply feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and willingness to learn additional software
- Previous law firm and/or billing experience preferred
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What to Expect
- The chance to enhance your skillset in a multitude of areas
- Competitive salary and bonus with benefits, including health care, vacation time, holiday pay and 401K packages
- Direct report to the firm’s Accounting Manager
- Position: Communications Specialist
- Firm: The Brumbaugh Group
- Location: Chicago or remote
- Date posted: June 11, 2020
- Contact: The Brumbaugh Group – Careers
The Brumbaugh Group seeks a Communications Specialist to develop and execute marketing and communications strategy for a growing list of law firm clients.
TBG is changing the way law firms think about marketing. Based in the Chicago Loop, our unique marketing infrastructure model resonates with attorneys and has put us on a tremendous growth trajectory for the coming years. Our clients range from premier boutiques to global powerhouses.
The Communications Specialist will:
- Serve as the day-to-day marketing contact for retainer and project-based clients
- Implement TBG’s marketing infrastructure model for clients, including:
- Developing thought leadership content
- Managing awards, events and client newsletters
- Handling social accounts and website updates
- Create playbooks to train clients to implement TBG’s marketing infrastructure model
- Develop relationships with key media and execute media relations strategies
- Manage key elements of client brand and website redesigns
- Participate in new business activities
The right candidate:
- Has 4-7 years of experience with some in-house law firm experience required
- Has a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or business or related field
- Has exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Is entrepreneurial
- Enjoys working within our process-driven model
- Likes managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Is highly focused, organized and intensely detail oriented
- Will thrive in our fast-paced culture
- Is committed to ongoing professional development
- Believes in our mission to give back through the Legal & Professional Services Council
TBG core values:
- We value growth and professional development for ourselves, our clients and the professional services marketing community.
- We are intensely detail oriented and use processes to ensure best practices are implemented consistently.
- We value the insights all of us bring, while having fun and supporting each other professionally and personally.
What you can expect of TBG:
- The chance to become involved in a fast-growing business
- The opportunity to work with a smart, committed, energetic team
- Competitive salary and benefits, including health care and 401K packages
- Tremendous growth opportunities for exceptional performers
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to Alli Ferguson at The Brumbaugh Group.
- Position: Senior Manager, Communications
- Firm: Quarles & Brady LLP
- Location: Milwaukee or Chicago
- Date posted: June 8, 2020
- Contact: Quarles & Brady – Careers
Quarles & Brady LLP is looking for a Senior Manager, Communications, to lead, manage and ensure that the firm takes a strategic and client-focused approach to the development of all firm-wide communications.
- Drive business growth by raising the firm's visibility nationally and increasing awareness of the firm among its target audiences, developing an annual plan and budget and overseeing all firm communications in support of the firm's strategic plan.
- Direct responsibility and 24/7 oversight of all of the content on firm's digital properties (quarles.com, Q&B blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and monitoring for hacking, comments, direct messages or any usage that would affect the Quarles & Brady brand.
- Provide direction and strategy to practice groups and industry teams on marketing communications and public relations plans/activities in alignment with group business plans, including online advocacy, brand-related campaigns, thought leadership and community-outreach efforts.
- Serve as a key partner and advisor to firm leadership for internal communications efforts ensuring consistent, frequent, transparent and impactful communications.
- Plan, implement and manage any brand/thought leadership campaign initiatives the firm undertakes.
- Work with the Account Team Leaders as their key communications contact and consultant. Provide strategic and practical advice, on marketing campaign development and help manage the coordination of all aspects of campaign implementation- online, in print, in person.
- Serve as the first point of contact on all firm crises, interacting with the firm's general counsel, ethics counsel, and PR agencies to minimize risk and exposure; maintain high level of confidentiality regarding executive and crises communications.
- Serve as Client Relations Department leader on state ethics rules, SPAM laws and trademark/copyright laws ensuring compliance, minimizing risk relative to all communications.
- Work with the Marketing Technology Manager to analyze any tracking and data analysis from all digital properties, providing insights, vision, recommendations to practice groups and industry teams to drive business.
- Forecast and present to senior management how content marketing and public relations affect business development.
- Direct and supervise the services provided by the firm's national and regional public relations counsel in support of strategic directives and as opportunities arise.
- College degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- 7+ years progressively responsible, related experience, preferably at a law firm or professional services organization.
- Position: Legal Marketing Content Coordinator
- Firm: Litchfield Cavo
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Date posted: May 4, 2020
- Contact: Litchfield Cavo – Careers
This job posting is still active as of May 27, 2020.
Litchfield Cavo LLP is looking for a bright, creative, client service-oriented Marketing Coordinator with critical thinking skills and superior attention to detail to support our law firm marketing team. The right candidate will support overall team efforts to fulfill key firm initiatives with a can-do attitude. This position is based in Litchfield Cavo's downtown Chicago office and will report to the Marketing Business Development Manager. Please email your cover letter and resume through Indeed only.
- Assist with pitch books, marketing collateral, PowerPoint presentations, charts and graphics
- Assist with client events, conference sponsorships and CLE planning; coordinate event logistics and assist with material development
- Assist with onboarding of new attorney hires
- Proactive multi-media enthusiast will assist with website posts, attorney web biographies and social media content
- Assist with website content, images and video to support social media and newsletters with links, PDFs, images and video
- Execute webinar, web cast and video streams as needed.
- Manage photography, graphics and charts
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in marketing, business development or communications in professional services
- Ability to maintain Firm brand, image, voice and tone across platforms
- Strong attention to detail with ability to follow direction and excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to make thought-out decisions, and confident making suggestions with creative solutions
- Ability to competently work seamlessly on-site or remotely, and deliver projects on time and without error
- Proficient with WordPress, MS Office products
- Proficient SEO, key words and web/data/Google analytics
- Extensive experience with graphic design, image modification software (Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe, etc.)
- CRM experience, familiarity with HubSpot a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year accredited university required